en
Czech   English   Deutsch

Observatory and Planetarium České Budějovice

Observatory and planetarium České Budějovice is situated approximately 300 metres from the Premysl Otakar II. square in the park at the confluence of the river Vltava and Malse. The observatory in České Budějovice was opened in 1937 as the second oldest public observatory in Bohemia thanks to the South-bohemian Astronomical Society. The extension of planetarium and cinema hall was finished in 1971. Observatory and planetarium České Budějovice pursues in the field of astronomy and allied natural sciences:

PlanetáriumPlanetarium

Planetárium Projection apparatus of the planetarium allows to project on the dome of the hall an artificial sky with the Sun, the Moon, planets and stars visible with the naked eye as well as the Milky way as it is visible in various seasons of the year from latitudes from the North pole to the equator diameter of the hall 8,5 metres, 70 seats projection apparatus ZKP-1 Zeiss Kleiner Planetarium (projection of approx. 5,000 stars, the Sun, the Moon, planets from Merkur to Saturn, the Milky Way, basic lines of coordinate systems, the panorama of town of České Budějovice), video projection.

Cinema hallCinema hall

Kinosál It serves for lectures and audio-visual programmes for general public, programmes for schools of all levels and interest groups, 70 seats video projection and projection of computer data, slide projectors, overhead projector, projection of 16 mm films

KopuleDome

Kopule Instruments in the dome of observatory allow observation of the Sun as well as bodies of solar system and objects of distant universe on a night sky, diameter of the dome 5 metres.

  • Cassegrain type reflector, diameter of primary mirror 31 cm, secondary focus 400 cm, (including mounting made by Ing. Viktor Rolcik, Prague, approx. 1935)
  • refractor with diameter of objective lens 15 cm, at present with helioscope and polarization filter for direct observation of solar photosphere
  • refractor with diameter of objective lens 11 cm (both these refractors were made by company G.& S. Merz Muenchen, Germany, the end of last century)
  • photographic camera Trioplan 1:4,5/360 mm, made by Meyer Goerlitz, Germany

3D view


© 1996-2019, HaP České Budějovice-Kleť | Realization Kostax s.r.o.
| Visitors: 1 073 554 from 1. 9. 1996 twitter youtube facebook